I had prepared an ‘official’ third entry but I decided to be spontaneous and delight you with some sole triathlon training content. Given this is what my life revolves around.
Sam and I use Training Peaks which connects to my Garmin and allows him to spy on me and make sure I am doing as I am told. I try my best.
So as well as my continuous whitterings to him over text, I also express any displeasure over Training Peaks. I try to give him Sundays off.
So here is an extract of one of these entries on Training Peaks and what I subject my poor coach to.
The session under attack was a 48min interval run set consisting of 8min max efforts and 2min easy with a warm up/cool down either side. Running intervals are not a favourite but a necessity (apparently *eye roll*).
6AM ALARM CALLS.
- Got to the end of the road and had to turn around because my leggings were on back to front, not only that but inside out. FML.
- It is womans week. FML.
- I am 1kg fatter and I feel like an elephant (probably due to point 2 above and pizza consumption). FML.
- I got stitch after the first max effort. THE ODDS ARE AGAINST ME.
- A combination of 2, 3 and 4 above meant I was slower. A lot slower than I thought I would be.
- This made me (slightly) late for work. HATE being late.
- I boiled some eggs for lunch.
- Forgot to take them out my car.
- Am now about to take one of the senior partners out in my car.
- MY CAR STINKS OF EGG.
As you can see, I am a delight and full of positivity on a Monday morning. I am not sure whether Sam (coach) laughs or cries but 7 months in, he is still putting up with me.
Today (Friday) is a rest day. PRAISE THE LORD. Since last Friday I have done some 11 hours of training. This past week has been full of double sessions (morning and evening). This weekend I have a 2 hour brick (Bike-Run) session, a 3,000m swim AND a 15km run to look forward to!
Honestly, I actually enjoy this in an almost sadistic way and hopeful for some reward. *touch wood*. So far, there has actually been no single session which I have dreaded and despite my above ramblings, I am hooked.
Life story to continue shorty but the the mean time, I am going to enjoy my REST DAY – to include pizza, my bed and aeroplane mode – some self-love which is WELLLL over-due.
DND (Do Not Disturb). Have a killer of a weekend. Xoxo.