OH HI THERE!
WELCOME TO MY PUBLIC DIARY; AN ACCESS ALL AREAS ACCOUNT OF ME TRYING TO BALANCE TRIATHLON TRAINING WITH THAT THING CALLED WORK, SOCIALISING, DATING AND SLEEPING.
Life is sometimes hectic, please bear with. x
Exploring the world of social media, blogging and being a ‘triathlete’ – whatever any of those terms mean.
I suppose I should introduce myself:
- Name: Charlotte White
- Age: 26
- Location: Born and raised in Essex (no, I don’t live up to the TOWIE stereotype), living in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
- Sport: Standard (Olympic) distance Triathlon (25-29 Age Grouper (AG)).
- Supported by:
- Sam Mountain from Amphibian Triathlon Coaching
- Darwin Wealth Management
- Encouragement from everyone at Balfours
- Team White
- Triathlon Achievements:
- 3rd place in the National Triathlon Championships held in Southport resulting in automatic qualification for the European Standard Distance World Championships being held in Tartu, Estonia in 2020. (25-29 AG).
- 5th place at the Leeds Castle Triathlon resulting in an automatic (3rd placing) qualification for the ITU World Triathlon Championships being held in Edmonton, Canada in 2020. (25-29 AG).
- That 9-5:30 Thing: Associate Land Agent (Rural Chartered Surveyor) with a local firm in Shropshire managing landed rural estates and undertaking Red Book valuations.
- Professional Qualifications:
- 2:1 BSc(Hons) in Rural Enterprise and Land Management (don’t ask what that entails)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (FAAV).
Basically, a load of letters that took 5 years and 6 months to accumulate. Charlotte White BSc (Hons) MRICS FAAV at your beckoning call.
- Misc. Achievements:
- Invested in bricks and mortar March 2019
- £1,400 raised for the Macular Society in July 2019 through completing the Prudential Ride London (100 mile bike ride). A charity which is very close to my heart.
- Established #strongindependantwoman since 2018
I think it is also worth noting that I have had a very fortunate upbringing and start in life which I am very aware of and thankful to my parents and those around me for. I grew up in the countryside, both my parents have worked incredibly hard and had/have good jobs which enabled us to go on annual family holidays. I have had a good (state) education and was encouraged as a youngster to undertake a number of extra curricular activities and to make the most of every opportunity which came my way. I appreciate that growing up, I have benefitted from a number of opportunities which others may not have had. I wanted to make this clear because I am not claiming to be a ‘rags to riches’ story and I do not want it to be perceived as such. Whilst I am very fortunate, I have not had anything handed to me on a plate and everything I have today is from hard work and occasionally pushing my luck.
I like to talk (a lot) and this is likely to come across in the length of my posts but I will try to be frank. I think this little online diary might take a lot of people, particularly my family, by surprise.
Anyway, enough of the boring stuff, there’s plenty of time for that if you stick around.
To summarise, I have started this blog because:
A. People keep asking me questions;
B. Show the attempted professional work/training/sleep/social life balance (it is an art);
C. Life is sometimes a shitter, the ‘gram does not give an accurate representation; and
D. I will do anything to get sponsorship (well… give or take).
So blog post 1 over and out. xoxo.